The Word Of God Is Alive

December 1

"But the natural man
does not receive the things of the Spirit of God,
for they are foolishness to him;
nor CAN he know them,
because they are spiritually discerned."
1 Corinthians 2:14

When a person is born again, it's as though he has new eyes. I shouldn't say "as though," because he truly does have new eyes. Before being born again, the Word of God, the Bible, wasn't understandable to him and he had little or no interest in it. But now, it has become alive to him and he can't get enough of it.

Also, the Holy Spirit speaks to him through the Word in a very personal way. Just days ago, I asked the Lord something that was on my heart and he answered me in his Word. I remember reading it, shocked, and saying, "when did you put THAT in the Bible???" These many years I had not noticed that passage, but when the Lord ministered it to me it was new and powerful and gave me his heart on the matter. Every believer has similar stories. The Word of God is alive to them, it’s personal to them, and the Lord leads and guides their entire lives through his Word.

If you have not been born again, this will make absolutely no sense to you.

If you ARE born again, you could add chapters to this from your own experience.

To learn more about what it means to be "born again" click here:

What Does 'Born Again' Mean?




No comments: