The Experience You Must Have To Be Saved

 November 4

"Nevertheless they flattered him with their mouth,
and they lied to him with their tongue;
for their heart was not steadfast with him,
nor were they faithful in his covenant."
Psalm 78:36-37

How seriously do you take your relationship to the Lord? Many follow the traditions of their parents, go to church on Sunday, and think that's acceptable to God.

But it isn't.

Those whose profession of faith is merely following what they've grown up with, they are those who "flatter him with their mouth." They are performing rituals and traditions of men. Their rote prayers are "flattering him with their mouth."

The author Merlin Carothers wrote that one day the Lord spoke to him saying, "I have no grandchildren." Carothers pondered that for awhile and couldn't understand what it might mean, so he asked the Lord to explain it to him. The Lord showed him that each person must be born into the Kingdom of God for himself, he cannot get there by having been brought up in a Christian home. God has no grandchildren. Following the traditions of your parents does not make you born-again. Being born-again is an experience each one must personally have, he must have this encounter with God for himself.

"Jesus answered, 'Most assuredly, I say to you,

unless one is born of water and the Spirit,
he cannot enter the kingdom of God."
John 3:5

Pray with me:

Father God, I've always thought that as long as I follow the way I was brought up, then that would be acceptable to you. But your Word says that I MUST be born again for myself. I confess my sinfulness and ask for your forgiveness. I ask to be born again. I surrender all to you. Please become my Lord, I place my life in your hands.

MORE:

"BornAgain," What Does ThatMean?


No comments: