As To The Lord And Not To Men

 August 11

“Bondservants, be obedient
to those who are your masters
according to the flesh,
with fear and trembling,
in sincerity of heart, as to Christ;
not with eyeservice, as men-pleasers,
but as bondservants of Christ,
doing the will of God from the heart,
with goodwill doing service,
AS TO THE LORD, AND NOT TO MEN…”
Ephesians 6:5-7

When the Bible mentions “bondservants” think of your relationship to your boss on your job. Read the passage again with that in mind.

The principle is not that you are to have this attitude to your boss only if he/she is good to you. No, it is rather speaking of an attitude of heart that when you do right on your job, you are doing it “as to the Lord, and not to men.” This makes all the difference in the world.

The same applies in every situation in which you are under authority. God places a very high value on obeying from a right heart, as unto him.

In front of my house but down aways, there is a crosswalk and I'm annoyed every time I cross the street because they put the crosswalk down the road a bit. I could have just crossed directly right in front of my house, but no, I have to walk over to the place where the crosswalk is. The Lord actually started me on this teaching by moving my heart to realize it is important to him that I do it right. In all things.

"He who is faithful in what is least is faithful also in much."

Luke 16:10

Always have the attitude of heart that when you choose to do things God’s way, you’re doing it “as to the Lord.” Sometimes that will be difficult. Do it anyway. "As to the Lord.”


No comments: