The Way To Success - His Way

February 2

"You have made known to me the ways of life;
you will make me full of joy in your presence."
Acts 2:28

Man wants to do things his own way, but only the God who made him knows "the ways of life" that will bring success and satisfaction. Yet the pride of man is so strong that he will shun God's ways, and instead insist on "doing it my way." The greatest hurdle any person can overcome in life is pride and most never conquer it.

"Pride goes before destruction,

and a haughty spirit before a fall."
Proverbs 16:18

Young children do not understand that the restraints parents put on them are not for their frustration, but for their good. How much more therefore, will our Father in heaven lead us in correct paths if we ask him, and are willing to wait for his direction?

"You will show me the path of life.

In your presence is fullness of joy,
at your right hand are pleasures forevermore."
Psalm 16:11

The results God wants for us are the "pleasures forevermore" which only our Creator can lead us to. There he will show us the paths of life we are to take, and from there he will lead us into fullness of joy.

Pray with me:

Father, you have said that your ways are not our ways, therefore I ask you to SHOW ME your ways, and lead me in the path you would have me go. I surrender my pride before you and the self-will that has caused me to stumble so many times. I thank you with all my heart for showing me that your ways are the right ways, that mine are not, and that your guidance alone will lead me to success.

No comments: