Show Me The Way You've Chosen For Me


January 9

"Show me your ways, O Lord,
teach me your paths.
Lead me in your truth and teach me,
for you are the God of my salvation,
on you I wait all the day."
Psalm 25:4-5

The right way is not something the wisdom of man can determine. Man seeks to enlarge himself, he sets his path according to the way he thinks will bring him the most wealth and success. But this can be deadly because what seems right to a man may actually be the way that will bring him to ruin.

"There is a way that seems right to a man,

but its end is the way of death."
Proverbs 12:12

True wisdom is seeking the ways of the Lord. He has a plan for each life, and it may be different from the plan a man has set up for himself. To reach the plan the Lord has for him, a man or woman must first clothe himself in humility and put his trust not in himself but in the Creator, the one who brought him into the world in the first place.

Make this your daily prayer:

"Show me YOUR ways oh Lord,

Teach me YOUR paths,
Lead me in YOUR truth and teach me,
on you I wait all the day,
for YOU are the God of my salvation."

No comments: