I Did It His Way

January 3

"The foolishness of a man twists his way,
and his heart frets against the Lord."
Proverbs 19:3

"The foolishness of a man..."

And it truly is foolishness to a man of understanding. A foolish man insists on his own way - without realizing that self-will always leads to disaster. Then disaster comes ...and he frets against God.

Psalm 23:3 says "he leads me in the paths of righteousness for his Name's sake."

"for his Name's sake..."

Those who seek direction from God and follow it unquestioningly, find out later that this truly was the right thing to do, and the Name of the Lord is glorified in the success of it. Many times the direction from the Lord won't seem to make sense at the time. Those familiar with the Word of God know that throughout the stories of the Bible, the way of the Lord seemed to not make sense. This is a featured principle throughout God's Word. The obvious often comes to disaster, but the way directed by the Lord leads to victory. Always. God is faithful.

The one who created you has a plan for your life, and the most important thing you can do in life is to find out from him what it is, and how to go about living it.

"Show me YOUR ways, O Lord,

teach me YOUR paths.
Lead me in YOUR truth and teach me,
for YOU are the God of my salvation,
on YOU I wait all the day."
Psalm 25:4-5

No comments: