Be Still And Know That He Is God


January 21

"Plead my cause, O Lord,
with those who strive with me;
fight against those who fight against me.
Take hold of shield and buckler,
and stand up for my help.

Also draw out the spear,
and stop those who pursue me.

Say to my soul, 'I am your salvation.'"
Psalm 35:1-3

Never think that you're alone when troubles come upon you. Do not fear because you think you don't have the strength to prevail against your enemy. It's not up to you, it's up to the Lord who is your defense - if you put your trust in him. Be still and KNOW that he is God.

"He makes wars cease to the end of the earth;

he breaks the bow and cuts the spear in two;
he burns the chariot in the fire.
BE STILL AND KNOW THAT I AM GOD;"
Psalm 46:9-10

Rest in confidence that he will sustain you and defend you. Be still ...and KNOW that he is God.

We are not afflicted by chance, but by God's providence and for our great profit. Nothing takes God by surprise. Your victory is in knowing that HE, not your enemy, is in control. However he works it out, one thing you can know for certain:

"And we know that ALL things
work together for good

to those who love God,
to those who are the called
according to his purpose."

Romans 8:28

Bring this to the Throne of Grace and stand upon his word. Let your conflict rise up into his hands and leave it there. He is faithful.

No comments: