Confession Sets You Free

January 4

"Have mercy upon me, O God,
according to your lovingkindness.
According to the multitude of your tender mercies,
blot out my transgressions.
Wash me thoroughly from my iniquity,
and cleanse me from my sin,
for I acknowledge my transgressions,
and my sin is always before me."
Psalm 51:1-3

The world wants to tell you that there isn't any sin. They'll say it's dysfunction caused by some trauma in your childhood. No, sin is sin. It doesn't matter what brought about your sin, God is waiting for you to acknowledge it. That means pride has to step down. The degree to which you resist confessing your sin is the degree that pride has control over you.

The wonderful thing about confession is that you will find a gracious and merciful God who will forgive you for all that his Son was crucified for - in your place as he bore in himself the judgment on your sins. And when you find forgiveness, a great and wonderful peace will come over you.

Don't listen to the world, they get it wrong. Turn from them, and place your trust in the living God who created you and knows all there is to know about you.

He is waiting.

"Behold, I stand at the door and knock.

If anyone hears my voice and opens the door,
I will come in to him and dine with him, and he with me."
Revelation 3:20


No comments: