What God Desires With You

November 22

“O Lord, you have searched me
and known me.
You know my sitting down
and my rising up;
you understand my thought afar off,
you comprehend my path
and my lying down,
and are acquainted with all my ways.”
Psalm 139:1-3

This passage shows God’s intimate involvement with you...

If you were to ask people to express their concept of God, most wouldn’t be able to because they do not know him. For many, God is some kind of power in the skies who is aloof and distant. Of course, Satan has deceived them because the last thing he wants is for a person to come to know the Lord. And for most, they’re easy game.

The truth is that God is anything but aloof. He knows our every movement, our every thought, and he deeply desires that we know him personally. He wants an intimate, personal relationship with each of us.

When I was first told this, it seemed unreasonable to think that God wanted to play an intimate part in my life or that I could know him personally. I had grown up believing that the only thing God was interested in was in judging me. I had no idea…

vs 4:

“For there is not a word on my tongue,
but behold, O Lord, you know it altogether.”

If God is interested in every word one speaks, how can anyone think he’s aloof?

“Draw near to God and he
WILL draw near to you.”
James 4:8


No comments: