Forever Is A Long, Long Time

October 8

"Lord, make me to know my end

and what is the measure of my days,
that I may know how frail I am.
Indeed, you have made my days as handbreadths,
and my age is as nothing before you.
Certainly every man at his best state is but vapor."
Psalm 39:4-5

Thousands of years have gone before us. Thousands of years will come. We are given maybe 70, maybe 80 or a few more. Compared to what's gone before and all the ages to come, they are very short. Eternity ...is indescribably long.

People spend years saving for retirement to ensure they will have a good one. What could be more important though, than using this short life as an investment for the future one which will last forever?

After salvation itself, the most important thing a person can do in life is to seek to find out what God's plan is for his/her life.

"Do not lay up for yourselves treasures on earth
where moth and rust destroy
and where thieves break in and steal,
but lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven,
where neither moth nor rust destroys
and where thieves do not break in and steal.
For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also."
Matthew 6:19-21

Make your life count. For eternity.


No comments: