You Can't Walk With Satan Then Go With Jesus When You Die

 July 16

"This I say, therefore, and testify in the Lord,
that you should no longer walk
as the rest off the Gentiles walk,
in the futility of their mind,
having their understanding darkened,
being alienated from the life of God
because of the ignorance that is in them,
because of the blindness of their heart;
who, BEING PAST FEELING,
have given themselves over to lewdness,
to work all uncleanness with greediness."
Ephesians 4:17-19

I once had a married friend who was beginning an affair with another man, and I asked how she could do such a thing. Her response was that she felt a lot of guilt at first, but that afterwards she felt less and less guilt as time went on and now just didn't feel guilty at all.

She was "past feeling." Her conscience had become seared.

"...having their own conscience seared with a hot iron..."

1 Timothy 4:2

What an example as I watched with my own eyes someone being given over to a debased mind.

"...and even as they did not like
to retain God in their knowledge,

God gave them over to a debased mind..."
Romans 1:28

Don't think it can't happen to you if you're flirting with sin, any sin. Eventually it won't hurt your conscience anymore - when the Holy Spirit has left you.

How do you know when the Holy Spirit has left you? It's when you no longer feel guilt over sin.

At this point they aren't aware that they've been handed over to a hardened heart, and they will proceed on as such into eternity.

"Create in me a clean heart, O God,

and renew a right spirit within me.
Do not cast me away from your presence,
and do not take your Holy Spirit from me."
Psalm 51:10-11

You can't walk with Satan then go with Jesus when you die.


No comments: