How You Use Your Time Here Is Of Utmost Importance

 May 28

“Lord, make me to know my end
and what is the measure of my days,
that I may know how frail I am.
Indeed, you have made my days as handbreadths,
and my age is as nothing before you.
Certainly every man at his best state is but vapor.”
Psalm 39:4-5

Thousands of years have gone before us. We are given maybe 70, maybe 80 – more or less. Compared to what’s gone before and all the ages to come, they are very short. On a yardstick, life here is 1/16th of an inch. The rest is in the world to come.

What could be more important then, than using this short life as an investment for the future one? The most important thing a person can do is seek to find out what God’s plan is for his/her life, and then to embrace it.

“Do not lay up for yourselves treasures on earth

where moth and rust destroy
and where thieves break in and steal,
but lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven,
where neither moth nor rust destroys
and where thieves do not break in and steal.
For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.”
Matthew 6:19-21

“Our greatest fear should not be of failure,

but of succeeding at something that doesn’t really matter.”
Dwight L. Moody

Pray with me:

Father, what could be more important than using my brief time here as an investment for eternity? I surrender myself and my life to you that you may accomplish in and through me all your will for my life. I pray for guidance, I ask for wisdom, and I pray Father, show me what the priorities should be in my life. Have YOUR way in my life from now on, and forever. I know that only in heaven will we realize the entirety of their worth.




 


No comments: