Have Your Burden of Guilt Lifted

November 27

"Have mercy upon me, O God,
according to your loving-kindness.
According to the multitude
of your tender mercies,

blot out my transgressions.
Wash me thoroughly from my iniquity,
and cleanse me from my sin,
for I acknowledge my transgressions,
and my sin is always before me."
Psalm 51:1-3

The world wants to tell you that there isn't any sin. They'll say it's dysfunction caused by some trauma in your childhood. But the truth is that it doesn't matter what brought about your sin, God is waiting for you to acknowledge it as sin, and not try to justify it.

The huge problem preventing that is - PRIDE. Pride has to step down. The degree to which you resist confessing your sin is the degree that pride has control over you. It is so much easier to blame sin on someone or something else.

The wonderful thing about confession is that you will find a gracious and merciful God who will forgive you when you receive his Son Jesus Christ as your Savior. His Son was crucified in your place, bearing the judgment on your sin - in your place - so that you can be received by God. God's forgiveness is a mighty thing, it brings a wonderful peace, a peace perhaps you have never known.

Some people have carried a burden of guilt for many years. You can have that burden lifted, when you humble yourself before the Savior God has provided for you.

Don't listen to the world, they will get it wrong. Turn from them and place your trust in the living God who created you and knows all there is to know about you.

"Behold, I stand at the door and knock.
If anyone hears my voice and opens the door,
I will come in to him and dine with him,
and he with me."

Revelation 3:20



No comments: