When The Trouble Seems Insurmountable

 August 6

“In the day of my trouble I sought the Lord;
my hand was stretched out in the night
without ceasing;
my soul refused to be comforted.”
Psalm 77:2

In the day of trouble, what do you do? When you are overwhelmed, whose advice do you seek? Do you turn to family? A counselor? A friend? There are times in life when the trouble seems insurmountable; all looks bleak.

vs 4:

“I am so troubled that I cannot speak.”

The hurting one goes back again and again, going over the circumstances, trying to come up with a solution.

vs 6:

“I meditate within my heart,
and my spirit makes diligent search.”

But there comes a time when there IS no solution. It looks like God has forsaken him, and he sits in fear and dread as the trouble looms great in his sight.

But God has not deserted the believer. In times of deep trial, the believer is called to WAIT on the Lord. It may be one of the most difficult things in life to do.

While waiting, let the believer think back to the times in his life when God has made all the difference, when things changed in such a way that it was obviously the hand of God. Let the believer meditate on every circumstance that the Lord has led him through in the past, and his crippled faith will begin to be revived.

vs 11-12:

“I will remember the works of the Lord;
surely I will remember your wonders of old.
I will also meditate on all your work,
and talk of your deeds.”

God who was faithful before, will be faithful again - the trial will be turned into a testimony – if only he will trust and wait. God IS faithful!

MORE:
WhenLife Hurts


No comments: