The Deliberateness Of The Crucifixion Of Jesus

April 4

“Then Jesus said to them...

‘All of you will be made to stumble
because of me this night, for it is written:
“I will strike the Shepherd, and the sheep
of the flock will be scattered.’”
Matthew 26:31-32

What is notable in the story of Jesus’s crucifixion is that he was in control of it from start to finish. He knew in advance every detail of the story before it happened. He knew Judas would betray him. He knew he would be condemned to die, and that – by human beings that he himself had brought into the world! He knew that the disciples would be scattered. When Satan had previously made attempts to do away with him, he would disappear into the crowd. He would not die until the determined time, and that was totally under his control.

“Therefore my Father loves me,
because I lay down my life that I may take it again.
No one takes it from me, but I lay it down of myself.
I have power to lay it down, and I have power to take it again.”
John 10:17-18

Pope Francis said that Jesus’s life ended in failure, “the failure of the Cross,” he said. What heresy! The Cross is the very foundation of the faith! Jesus's “failure” opened to us entry into heaven. His “failure” provides us eternal life.Through his “failure” alone is there forgiveness of sins. His “failure” is the single most triumphant accomplishment of God on behalf of lost mankind.

The story of the Cross is the pre-planned work of God and Jesus achieved it deliberately.

The Cross of Jesus Christ was not a failure, it was the greatest act of love ever performed, through which God has provided salvation to mankind.

“Greater love has no one than this,
than to lay down one’s life for his friends.”
John 15:13


MORE:
Who Is Jesus Christ?


No comments: