That Sweet Hour Of Prayer

 March 7

“I do not pray that you should
take them out of the world,

but that you should keep them
from the evil one."

John 17:15

"Keep them from the evil one." This is a prayer every parent, every spouse, every friend, should be praying daily for their loved ones, "Oh Lord, KEEP THEM FROM THE EVIL ONE."

If people had any idea the power that is in prayer, they'd devote the rest of their lives to it. We can make SUCH a difference through the power of prayer. How sad that this most powerful of tools is so neglected!

There was a great man of God laying on his deathbed - this is a true story. The nurse later reported that she heard him praying, "Father, I thank you for the grace you gave me to be faithful in prayer for all those on my prayer list these many years." Incredibly - when the man died, it was found that not one person on his prayer list was saved. But ...when THEY died, every one of them was saved.

We are sent as ambassadors of the Lord Jesus Christ; we are not of this world, but sent into the world to bring the message of salvation to all. But it has to start from prayer. If the Lord Jesus Christ had to withdraw to pray ...how can we live productive lives without it?

If our lives lack power, the fault could be in the lack of prayer.

"Sweet hour of prayer, sweet hour of prayer,

that calls me from a world of care,
and bids me at my Father’s throne,
make all my wants and wishes known.
In seasons of distress and grief,
my soul has often found relief,
and oft escaped the tempter’s snare,
by thy return, sweet hour of prayer!"




No comments: