Why Do I Suffer While The Evil Man Doesn't?

January 25

"Behold, the wicked brings forth iniquity;

yes, he conceives trouble and brings forth falsehood.
He made a pit and dug it out,
and has fallen into the ditch which he made.
His trouble shall return upon his own head, 
and his violent dealing shall come down
on his own crown."

Psalm 7:14-16

Have you ever wondered why suffering comes upon the good while the wicked prosper? The psalmist was so bothered by this that he almost fell because of it:

"But as for me, my feet had almost stumbled;

my steps had nearly slipped.
For I was envious of the boastful,
when I saw the prosperity of the wicked."
Psalm 73:2-3

Why do the rich of this world seem to have all go well with them? The psalmist goes on to say:

"They are not in trouble as other men,

Nor are they plagued like other men.
Therefore PRIDE serves as their necklace;
Their eyes bulge with abundance;
They have more than heart could wish."
Psalm 73:5-6

The psalmist cried out to the Lord about this and the Lord answered him. When he understood it, he never again entered into that pity party.

vs 16-17:

"It was too painful for me ...UNTIL
I went into the sanctuary of God;
then I understood ...
THEIR END."

Yes, their end will settle it all, won't it!

But not so for you. If you are suffering, just accept it and know that God will turn it for your good. It WILL end. It WILL be behind you. And in the meantime, you are being brought into the beauty of holiness and righteousness that only suffering can bring about, and when the trial is over, great will be your blessing, beyond anything you have imagined.

Some messages that have greatly helped me in my time of trial:

WhenLife Hurts


No comments: