If I Don't Get In The Way

February 8

"Behold, God is my helper;
the Lord is with those who uphold my life."
Psalm 54:4

If God is my helper, then I'm not left to figure things out on my own. If God is my helper, then no enemy can prevail over me, no trouble can come to me unless it is necessary for God's purpose in my life. If God is my helper, then I can totally trust him.

If God is my helper ...then I must trust him enough to leave vengeance in his hands.

vs 5:

"He WILL repay my enemies for their evil."

As he also has said:

"'Vengeance is mine, I WILL repay,' says the Lord.'"

Romans 12:19

We do not see from God's perspective. We don't know all. The Lord has a plan for each one ...even for each one who does wrong to us. When we take vengeance into our hands we won't get it right because we do not have God's perspective, we don't know all the details. When we leave things in God's hands, we can absolutely trust that they will be worked out the right way.

In the meantime:

If Jesus, hanging on that cross, could say:

“Father, forgive them, for they do not know what they do."

Luke 23:34

...then how much more should we say the same concerning those who hurt us? When they hurt us, it's not us they really have in mind, it's their own messed up thinking, they are speaking and acting from their own dysfunction. Our response as followers of Christ is to pray for them. They need help, and who is more able to help them than us ...IF we are willing to pray for them instead of fighting back?

He does all things well ...IF I don't get in the way.

No comments: