I Cried To My God And He Heard My Voice

January 15

"In my distress I called upon the Lord,
and cried out to my God;
He heard my voice from his Temple,
and my cry came before him,
even to his ears."

Psalm 18:6

When in distress, most people run to friends for advice and comfort, or to alcohol or drugs which only make the situation worse. But really, what has one gained in any of those? If you have ten friends, you might receive ten opinions as to what you should do about your problem. Friends who love you will give you their best advice, but who can give you the correct one? There is only ONE who has the correct counsel, and it is he who created you. He will not give you an opinion, he will give you the absolutely correct direction you need to proceed.

Let us run to the Lord our creator who knows the number of hairs on our head, who was there at our birth and even before, who kept us and protected us even in the days before we came to know him. He
alone is able to make things right in our lives.

Friends, cry out to the Lord and seek to know from him ONLY, what you must do. You will never have to doubt the validity of the advice you receive from him. But far more than that, he alone has the power to change things. He might change the situation, or he might change you, but whatever his response is - it will be right.

vs 16-17:

"He sent from above, he took me,
He drew me out of many waters.
He delivered me from my strong enemy,
from those who hated me,
for they were too strong for me."

No comments: